STILE INDUSTRIA 9
Alberto Rosselli [Editor]: STILE INDUSTRIA. Milan: Domus, 1956. Original edition [Number 9: December 1956]. Text in Italian, photo captions in Italian and English. A near fine vintage magazine: glossy wrappers lightly worn. Former owner has pasted a small product notice on the first page of the Kaj Franck and noted that a childrens' pay-pen design seems to have been "appropriated."Otherwise, interior unmarked and very clean. Out-of-print. Cover design by Michele Provinciali. A rare periodical.
Alberto Rosselli [Editor]
9.5 x 13 side-stitched Magazine with 42 pages of editorial content plus trade advertisements. Alberto Rosselli was among the first Italians to take an interest and start speaking of "industrial design.² He founded and directed "Stile Industria" an adjunct publication of "Domus" that soon acquired complete autonomy. He was also an influential lecturer in Architecture at Milan Polytechnic.
More than any other magazine of the postwar period, Stile Industria [1954 - 1963]served to reinforce the special role for the mass-produced object. It promoted design as one of the most important cultural forces in modern Italy. Launched in 1954 under the editorship of Alberto Rosselli, it quickly became an important force in the Italian neo-Modernist design movement, providing a platform for discussions about the aesthetic and meaning of modern design in an international context.
- Una Fase Nuova: Alberto Rosselli
- All'aeroporto Di Londra: Attrezzatura E Arredamento Per Il Nuovo Ufficio Dei Servizi Generali Della Boac
- Premi Alla Qualita' Italiana (La Terza Edizione Del Premio La Rinascente Compasso D'oro)
- Il Mio Lavoro All'arabia: Kaj Franck
- Ponti E Ciminiere Per Una Turbonave
- Analisi Del Disegno: Pneumatici E Molle Di Sospensione, Struttura E Metamorfosi Del Disegno Dei Battistrada: Gillo Dorfles
- Molle Elicoidali Di Sospensione: Antonio Boschi
- Art Directors Club Di Los Angeles (Una Mostra Allestita Da Louis Danziger)
- Saul Bass: Grafica E Industrial Design. 6 pages and 31 images of movie posters, graphic design, logotypes and product design.
- Una Mostra Permanente Di Disegno Al Museo Della Scienza E Della Tecnica (Discorso Dell'architetto Gio Ponti Al Circolo Della Stampa)
- Recensioni: Enzo Fratelli
- Un Concorso
- Novita' Alla Xxii Mostra Della Radio E Tv
- Notiziario Tecnico: Enzo Fratelli
Includes work by Giuseppe Ajmone, Carlo Alinari, Saul Bass, Natale Beretta, Sergio Berizzi, Max Bill, Misha Black, Cesare Butte, Louis Danziger, Giancarlo De Carlo, Adriano Lagostina, Roberto Menghi, Dario Montagni, John Myer, Michele Provinciali, Roberto Sambonet, Pierluigi Spadolini, Gino And Nanni Valle, Marco Zanuso and many others.
Spreads from this volume can be viewed here.
PayPal Secure Payment
Domestic Shipping: $10.00
International Shipping: $15.00