Maurice Collet [Editor]: PUBLICITE 11 [Review of Publicity and Advertising Arts in Switzerland]. Geneva: Maurice Collet Editeur, n.d. . Text in French, German and English. Trivial edgewear to laminated wrappers. Inevitable slight lamination bubbling. Unmarked interior and out-of-print. Cover design by Pierre Monnerat. A nearly fine oversized softcover book in laminated French-folded wrappers.
Publicite et Arts Graphiques
Werbung Und Graphishce Kunst
Advertising and Graphic Art
Maurice Collet [Editor]
9.5 x 12 softcover book with 142 pages and 629 color and b/w design samples of the best in Swiss Graphic Arts, circa 1961. Advertising includes many examples of custom printing and finishing including tipped-in samples. A beautifully designed and produced book that must be seen to be truly appreciated. Highly recommended.
- Introduction: Observations on the Conception of Symbols by Hans Neuburg (7 pages with symbol designs by Armin Hofmann, Kurt Wirth, Siegfried Odermatt, Carl Graf, Herbert Auchli, and others)
- Posters: 20 pages and 54 examples in color and b/w
- Advertisments: 55 pages and 225 examples in b/w
- Booklets, Folders: 20 pages and 117 examples in color and b/w
- House Organs, Covers: 7 pages and 45 examples in color and b/w
- Menus and Wine Lists: 3 pages and 8 examples in b/w
- Calendars and Invitation Cards: 2 pages and 13 examples in b/w
- Trademarks, Letterheads, and Greeting Cards: 8 pages and 45 examples in b/w
- Exhibitions and Show Windows: 10 pages and 44 examples in b/w
- Packages and Labels: 8 pages and 41 examples in b/w
- Advertising Films: 4 pages and 37 examples in b/w
- Advertisers: 93 pages of industry advertisments
Includes work by Christoph Aeppli, Charles Affolter, Herbert Auchli, Roland Bartsch, Pierre Bataillard, Fred Bauer, Walter Bosshart, Donald Brun, Paul Buhlmann, Georges Calame, Walter Diethelm, Hans Erni, Karl Gerstner, Otto Glaser, Carl Graf, Hans Hartmann, Armin Hofmann, Othmar Jaeggi, Kurt Jordi, Pal Kolozsvari, Ruedi Kulling, Herbert Leupin, Raymond Loewy, Richard P. Lohse, Hans Looser, Lukas Martz, Erwin Meirerhofer, Pierre Monnerat, Fridolin Muller, Josef Muller-Brockmann, Hans Neuburg, Siegfried Odermatt, Hans Pfister, Celestino Piatti, Nelly Pieren, Heinrich Steiner, Franz Studer, Kurt Wirth, Marcel Wyss, and many, many others.
Kenneth Hiebert wrote "The Swiss school is concerned that design be more than a frivolous cluttering of the environment." Sounds good to me.
A sample spread from this volume can be viewed here.
PayPal Secure Payment
Domestic Shipping: $10.00
International Shipping: $35.00