ART & INDUSTRY
Frank Mercer and Rathbone Holme (editor): ART & INDUSTRY. London: The Studio, July - December 1936 (volume 21). Original editions. A very good publishers bound volume of six issues with publishers index: light wear overall. Interior unmarked and very clean. Out-of-print. Individual covers have not been retained. Very uncommon.
July - December 1936
Frank Mercer and Rathbone Holme (editors)
8.25 x 11 magazines in a single bound volume with 242 pages of contemporary industrial design reportage from the good people at The Studio in London, circa 1936. ART & INDUSTRY was the leading proponent of the Industrial Design movement in Britain and these original 1936 editions offer an amazing insight into British Design Culture before the start of World War II. And there are lots of Posters from Italy, France, Germany, Norway, Spain, etc.
- Display Lessons from a New Store (Prof. Moholoy-Nagy headed Simpsonıs display department)
- The Designer or Stylistıs Place in Industry by Louis Otto, of the London Office of Raymond Loewy Associates
- The Spanish Poster
- Draeger--An Artist in Print
- G. R. Morris: Designer of This Yearıs ³Modern Publicity² Cover
- Jean Carlu: Work in France and Great Britain
- Advertising Presentation in Germany
- Advertising in Norway
- The Lead in Design: A Review of ³Pioneers of the Modern Movement² by John Gloag
- Advertising in Italy
- The Fair--The Texas Centennial Exposition in Dallas (Walter Dorwin Teague)
- F. H. K. Henrion--Designer
- And much more.
Artists include Georg Rado, Moholy-Nagy, Raymond Loewy, Paco Ribera, Morell, A. M. Cassandre, Henry Dreyfuss, G. R. Morris, Jean Carlu, Herbert Bayer, Otto Arpke, E. Schoner, Henry Schjoerven, Peter Behrens, Adolph Loos, Xanti Schawinsky, M. Dudovich, Enzo Forlivesi, Walter Dorwin Teague, Frederic Henrion, Deberny & Peignot, Serge Chermayeff, Raoul Dufy, O. Anton, Pearl Falconer, Martinati, Tom Purvis, Resenterra, Eduardo Santonja, Amador Silverio, A. Mahlau, and Alliance Graphique.
PayPal Secure Payment
Domestic Shipping: $10.00
International Shipping: $25.00