CONCEPTS OF THE BAUHAUS
John David Farmer and Geraldine Weiss: CONCEPTS OF THE BAUHAUS: THE BUSCH-REISINGER MUSEUM COLLECTION. Cambridge, MA: Busch-Reinsinger Museum, Harvard University, 1971. Oblong Quarto. Thick orange french-folded wrappers. 136 pp. Text and illustrations printed on a variety of paper stocks. Orange spine sun-faded [as usual], and upper corner gently bumped, otherwise a nearly fine copy of this exceptional early exhibition catalog.
THE BUSCH-REISINGER MUSEUM COLLECTION
John David Farmer and Geraldine Weiss
10 x 8.5 softcover book with 136 pages heavily illustrated with artwork, photography, plans and diagrams. Introductory essays by Charles Kuhn, Hannes Beckmann, T. Lux Feininger, Herbert Bayer and Walter Gropius. Exhibition catalog for an exhibition from April 30 to September 3, 1971 at the Busch-Reinsinger Museum, Harvard University.
- Preliminary Course: Hannes Beckmann. Includes work by Itten, Moholy-Nagy, Albers, Schlemmer, Hirschfield-Mack, Klee, Schmidt, etc.
- Painting, Sculpture, and the Graphic Arts: T. Lux Feininger. Includes work by Albers, Arndt, bayer, Feininger, Itten, Kandinsky, Klee, Marcks, Moholy-Nagy, Muche, Schlemmer and Graphic of the Bauhaus.
- The Workshops. Includes Teaching on Architecture, Sculpture, Stage, Stained Glass, Photography, Metal, Carpentry, Pottery, Typography, Mural Painting and Weaving
- Typography and Design: Herbert Bayer. Includes work by Herbert Bayer, Josef Albers, Lyonel Feininger, Joost Schmidt, Laszlo Moholy-Nagy, etc.
- Architecture: Walter Gropius. Includes work by Gropius, Hannes Meyer, Mies van der Rohe, Hilberseimer, Brenner, Heiberg, A. Mayer, Stam Wittwer, Arndt, Bayer, Breuer, etc.
Includes work by Walter Gropius, Marcel Breuer, Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe, Gunta Stolzl, Joost Schmidt, Oskar Schlemmer, Walter Peterhans, Georg Muche, Lilly Reich, Laszlo Moholy-Nagy, Hannes Meyer, Gerhard Marcks, Johannes Itten, Ludwig Hilberseimer, Wassily Kandinsky, Lyonel Feininger, Alfred Arndt, Josef Albers, Marianne Brandt, Herbert Bayer, Josef Hartwig, Wilhelm Wagenfeld, Christian Dell, Otto Lindig, Theodor Bogler and many others.
The Busch-Reisinger Museum is still the only museum in North America dedicated to the study of art from the German-speaking countries of Central and Northern Europe. Its holdings today include significant works of Austrian Secession art, German expressionism, 1920s abstraction, and material related to the Bauhaus.
A sample spread from this volume can be viewed here.
out of stock